Run Live Remember
Kent’s Run was established to raise money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and to honor the life of Kent Ribordy, a Boone Grove High School student/athlete who passed away in June 2007 from Leukemia.
In nine years, Kent’s Run has raised over $350,000 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society! We would like to thank our sponsors, participants and others who have donated both time and money to help make Kent's Run a huge success. Kent’s Run is just another example of the exceptional things that can happen when people rally together!
- Themed finisher medal for all partcipants
- Sleek, short-sleeved tech shirts for all participants
- Chip timed event
- USATF certified course
- Outstanding Age Group Awards for male and female finishers
- FREE! Delicious country-style pancake breakfast after the race
- Beautiful course running through the Porter County countryside
- Named one of the Calumet Region Striders Gold Cup Series races
- Over $350,000 raised for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
9th Annual Kent’s Run 5K Raises $50,000 for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
The 9th annual Kent’s Run 5K, sponsored by Walgreens, was held on May 28, 2017, and raised $50,000 for The Indiana Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. In its nine years, KR5 has contributed over $360,000 to this organization.
This year’s event hosted nearly 1,000 runners at Boone Grove Elementary School. All participants received a finisher’s medal and were treated to a pancake breakfast after the event.
Pictured from left to right: Rob Moreth (Walgreens Store Manager – Valparaiso), Yolanda Cantwell (Crop for Kent Organizer), Reggie Flesvig (Race Director), Pam Ribordy, Tom Magurany (Walgreens Store Manager – Winfield), Dan Ribordy, Amy Kwas (Executive Director of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society).
Age Groups for 2017
8 and under 9-10 11-12 13-14 15-18
19-24 25-29 30-34 35-39 40-44
45-49 50-54 55-59 60-64 65-69
70-74 75-79 80 and over
2 New Award Catagories for 2016:
Athena (females 150 lbs. +)
Clydesdale (males 190 lbs. +)